Wednesday, December 4, 2013

"Space Wolf" the Game


As in Video Game and not our loved table top miniature game that we so love to play. If you haven't heard yet then this is news to you, yes they are making a video game featuring the Spaces Wolves. I am not here to talk about what has already been revealed about the game so much as well the hell is the game mechanics. Yes I have never heard of a "Turn Based Tactical CCG" before so when I saw that I pulled a "Huh!?!?!" with a confused expression. This was followed by intrigue since I am a huge fan of Turn Based Tactical and Strategy" based games, Warhammer 40k is one if you weren't sure. I have also been known to play the occasional CCG so to have the two combined peaked my interest to say the least. Unfortunately I had know idea how the two would be combined so I did a little research (actually I hit up PCGamer to see if they had an article, which they did). The article didn't really tell me much but it did link to the youtube video and there was this.


"Card Hunter is a free-to-play tactical card game that you can play right now. It's great: beautifully blending turn-based tactical planning with the randomised element of card games. Your deck is tied to the armour and weapons you equip, which makes it an instantly understandable process if - like me - you've never really clicked with CCGs. And the upside is that the random card draws force you to adapt and plan encounters based on the hand you're dealt."


 So i clicked on that link! played a bit of the single player campaign and I seem to be addicted to it at least for the time. If you are like me and had no idea what Space Marine may be like and may possibly be interested in picking up the game when it is released then by all means go try out Card Hunter.

No comments:

Post a Comment