Monday, January 6, 2014

Variable Missions and last Friday's Game

Firstly let me start off with saying that the game took forever. I am not sure if that was due to the Variable Mission selection or if we were just slow. I know I had to step back a second and give the game a thought or two on occasion since I wasn't sure how I was going to counter a mission from my opponents I didn't have knowledge of. I guess that is were the challenge comes from though. Not knowing what mission your opponent has forces you to counter every mission in the deck and I must say it was an ugly game with units scattered everywhere. I think we are going to have to try this format out a couple more times before I can say whether or not I like it or if the format caused the slow down that we faced during the game. I would definitely not suggest this if you are on a time limit for your game unless you are none for speed playing.

So in a week or two, we will hopefully get another game or so with the variable mission selection under our belts and I should have a better feel for the format.

No comments:

Post a Comment