Monday, September 16, 2013

Purge the Alien...or not



So Friday night saw my groups second 2 vs. 2 battle and we rolled our first Purge The Alien mission and ran it on a Dawn of War battlefield, all seemed right with the world as we were running Blood Angels with Imperial Guard allies (mostly because I cannot field an actually army with them yet) and Eldar with Tau allies where each play deals with a single faction. Setup goes as usual for four people only having a hand full of games under the new edition, it takes forever, but we eventually get everything squared away and only forget to do a couple of things before the first turn, yeah i think most of the stuff we forgot we remembered at the beginning of turn 2.

Speaking of turn 2, everything went pretty well until turn two or maybe not. I think we realized we had a problem by turn 2 and the problem was that for 3 of us the DICE GODS HATED US! Yeah i said it the Dice Gods hated all of us besides the Tau. Go figure, the only person in the group that hadn't played a previous edition of 40k had the support of the dice gods unfortunately his Eldar partner didn't. So 5 turns of absolute abysmal dice rolling later and we get the worst possible outcome, a tie. The Eldar and Tau walked away with First Blood and a single Kill while the Blood Angels and Imperial Guard walk away with two kills. Amazingly enough one of those was due to Eldar Jetbikes failing an Assault against an Imperial Guard Platoon Command and then routing all the way across the board. We all shook our heads in disbelief.

So I learned something from this game. Firstly is that the Dice Gods suck when they don't support you and it doesn't matter how many dice you roll they will all fail you. Secondly is that even the most novice player can make you scramble to find some points if you are just unlucky. I think i will have to punish my dice before our next game.

5 comments:

  1. POS Tau and Dice Gods. Useless tanks !!! Useless Bikes !!! Useless singing spear !!! Only one who did anything was an ally. I swear if the Eldar aren't scared shitless they simply cant hit the broadside of a barn. I swear the heat of rage makes me want to pull Fuegan out of the box of darkness!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well there were 4 tanks on the board and the only one that seemed to do any good in 5 turns was the Leman Russ and even then only the hull mounted Heavy Flamer. Hell my Chimera was disposed of by infantry and they didn't even use an anti-armor weapon.

      Delete
    2. How are the tau a pos? They were your ally. Also the dice gods where bad to me on my other games so I finally caught a break.

      Delete
    3. Ha ha ha ha hah a

      I think i started something

      Delete
  2. Thus why they are a POS. Damn Tau always catching a break. Honestly, I think I need some caffeine.

    ReplyDelete