Thursday, September 26, 2013

Upcoming Battle: Blood Angels vs. Tau 500 points





Let me start with the fact that this is a 500 point battle and yes that is scrapping the bottom of the barrel as far as point values used in a game, but there is a reason. Most of my group is just starting out and can only field 500 -750 points in their army or as in my case just cannot find their 3000+ points worth of an army.

This is going to be a pretty special battle. It will hopefully be the first Battle Report I get to post and it is also a Father/Son battle with a twist. The twist is that they are going to be play each others army. They didn't say why other than they wanted to, so I will go with it. I get to be the arbiter and will be setting up the table, objective and basically telling them that they are wrong and say, "and what page was that on?".

I rolled up their mission as being Crusade on a Dawn of War battlefield and we have 3 objectives (I rolled 4 objective but in an attempt to break my groups love of Ties I rounded it down - Thanks Noah for the suggestion). I should have the List sometime later today or tomorrow and since I haven't really had a chance to read their codices more than once I probably won't say to much on the topic. Please be kind since I don't think they have read each other codices either.

There we are, 500 point battle upcoming between Blood Angels and Tau with the players playing their opponents army. My guess is that it is going to be sloppy and everyone will forget their rules. I guess i will find out tomorrow evening and everyone else over the weekend or sometime next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment