Monday, September 16, 2013

The Dice Gods LOVE Tanks!


Just don't expect them to hit anything!

Every game I have played in 6e except one has had a tank and when it comes to a tank that is not also a transport the Dice Gods love them. Now I haven't played a lot of games under the 6e rules as of yet but the games I have played this has been true. The Dice God will not let you kill a tank. Now I have read ever since 6e was released that tanks are weaker in that you can literally one shot them with the correct weapon but that does not seem to be the way of it with my group. Take the last game we played, one Predator, one Fire Prism, and a Leman Russ. After multiple hits from the Predator and a direct hit from a Battle Cannon over 3 turns the Fire Prism only lost one hull point. Looking at the return fire we saw that the Fire Prism for what ever reason could not even hit the Leman Russ. After turn 3 we basically all gave up on shooting at each others tanks. It didn't really help though, in the next 2 turns I think our tanks take out only 2 Tau Stealth Suits and that by the Leman Russ' hull mounted heavy flamer. 

In truth the only thing that I have been able to do with a tank in the last 3 turns was in the first game i took a Rhino for my Dark Angels. No don't expect good shooting though i did kill a Fire Warrior with a Hunter Killer Missile and shot a couple more with the storm bolter. The best my tanks have done is literally to Tank Shock a unit off the table. I only had to try this 3 times. I must say that is was fun seeing that as a transport I only meant it as a distraction.

So in short, the Dice Gods will not let us destroy tanks, wont let tanks shoot anything, and if you want to do damage to infantry then you have to run them over.


2 comments:

  1. I have decided to stop telling my dice what to do. They don't listen anyways.

    ReplyDelete