Monday, October 7, 2013

Painting Vehicles: My Daughters Immolator - part 1

My Saturday started off something like this, "Daddy when are you going to paint my tank?". See I promised my daughter that when the Adepta Sororitas received an updated Codex that I would build and paint an Allied Detachment to go along with my Imperial Guard. Well since we should be seeing the Codex this month and I will probably be hounded by my daughter to get the Codex, unless I can seem to make her forget, I sort of had to make some progress on making this whole thing real.

Currently, I know I own two units of Sisters, a Canoness, and an Immolator. The problem is that I can only find the Immolator, and so I need to put paint on it in order to appease my daughter. So we went out and got the paint and Sunday afternoon I put the first coat of pink paint on it, by hand, and it sucked. I had forgotten how painful it is to hand base a tank. I used to have an air brush at one point but it was old, cheep, and missing. More than likely it is also non functional by this point so I am stuck hand painting a tank and not enjoying it one bit.

I did make some progress though, two coats of pink and the tank looks pretty nice though it took forever even with a large, wide brush. I also started to get the base black on the side and top doors. Only the first coat of black though. For what ever reason, even with the thing primed it is still taking multiple coats of paint to get a clean finish to this thing. Fortunately it was at about this time that my daughter got tired of watching me paint and she said the following, "Daddy can we play Disney Infinity?".  Saved by my daughters boredom!

I should be getting some pictures of this project pretty soon, it is more me trying to remember to take the pictures than me finding the time to post them.

No comments:

Post a Comment