Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Upcoming Battle: Tau vs Imperial Guard - Imperial Guard list






Here is my list for this Friday's game. While it still isn't exactly what I am looking for it is less restrictive than my previous list.

HQ1 - Company Command Squad w/ Missile Launcher and Master of Ordnance

Troop 1 - Platoon Command Squad w/ Flamer and 2x Infantry Squad with Flamer and Autocannon

Troop 2 - Veteran Squad w/ Meltagun and Flamer, Sergeant w/ Plasma Pistol. Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

Heavy Support 1 - Griffon w/ Hull Heavy Flamer

This is my test of the barrage rules. While I was going to take a Plasma Gun in the Company Command Squad I decided to go back to my Missile Launcher since the MoO cannot move and then use his Barrage. So in turn 1 I will probably move them away from the table edge and then see what happens. Of course the MoO and the Griffon are the Barrage test and i am hoping to get both LoS and non-LoS shots in just to figure out how bad the accuracy really is and to give my self an idea of how they will fall. You can read about it all you want but until you actually see it in battle it really is hard to judge.

Since this really is a training battle for Austin I will be trying out some tactics that I wouldn't normally try. Since this is technically only my second game with the Imperial Guard, I felt this was the best time to screw up if I am going to do so.

I do have a copy of the first draft list that Austin is going to take against me but we are still going over it and if all is well I will post it tomorrow when it will most likely be finalized. Failing that I will have it up Friday.




No comments:

Post a Comment