Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Blood Angels POV: Blood Angels vs Imperial Guard
 
 
 
So walking into this battle I didn't think I was going to roll over the IG but I sure didn't expect to have my butt almost handed to me like I did in the first two rounds. The main issue I figured was due to my bad deployment on one side of the table while the other side was well hidden. This left one of my heavy hitting troops very exposed and losing them caused me a lot of issues.
 
Well losing the deployment toss didn't help to much either seeing how IG can pound the crap out of you in the first turn and leave you open mouthed thinking "WTF!".
 
 
After the first two rounds I was on the verge of giving up but then it slowly started coming back around my way. I ended up having a BIG lucky roll at the end which everyone was shocked over especially me.
 
All in all I think what I took was fine for what I was going up against. I do have to watch my deployment with my troops especially my heavy hitters. Next time I go up against his IG I will be taking a much different approach using Drop Pods and a Rhino to get across the field much faster.


1 comment:

  1. Yeah you did take a long time to get to the center of the table. A rhino or razorback would definitely get you close support and/or assault troops where they need to be much earlier in the game. I would have had to change my target priority had you been closer. A tac squad with a flamer could have cleared my infantry squad from that bunker in turn two if they were deployed with a transport.

    ReplyDelete