Thursday, October 17, 2013

Upcoming Battle: Tau vs Imperial Guard - Tau list





So I am going to present Austin's list for this weekends training battle. Now I did give his father the list I was most likely going to use on Monday, whether or not Austin saw it or referenced it for this list is beyond me. I made only minor changes to the list I gave him and I must say I will be out numbering him by a substantial amount. So here is Austin's list

HQ1 - Cadre Fireblade w/ Shield Drone

E1 - 3x Crisis Team w/ 2x Twin Missile Pods, Burst Cannon, and Stim Injector, 1x Shas-ui with the same

E2 - 3x Stealth Team w/ Shas'vre

T1 - 6x Fire Warriors

T2 - 6x Fire Warriors w/ Shas'ui and Shield Drone


Well we cannot say he didn't bring some fire power but he is also limited on the scoring units. With this list he isn't going to be able to make any mistakes, needs to deploy properly and pretty much needs first shot. Sure he could win with this list but it is not going to be forgiving. Against a army like Space Marines I may think different but against IG I just think this list is going to be difficult to win with. I have been wrong in the past, I said that there was very little chance of my last IG build win and will I did lose it was a very close run. So we will sit down with him before the game and make sure this is what he wants to take and find out what the plan is. If he is happy with it we will let the battle decide if it was the correct choice. Personally I think he needs to get another unit of Fire Warriors on the field or take some Kroot as fodder.

3 comments:

  1. Now one thing about his current army he does not have any Tanks or the like. If he did I am sure that list would be totally different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was going to take the stealth suits out for more firewarriors but I never had forgotten to put it on the Quartermaster.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah I was looking at a couple armies that used Devilfish for mobility, but man are they expensive.

    ReplyDelete