Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Chaos Space Marine POV:

So my first match ended on Friday with much disappointment, not because I lost but because i really had no idea of how intricate some of the fights could play out. At one point a tank was wreaking havoc on my squad so i surrounded it to plug it full of as many holes as I could, only to be told that it exploded and wiped out half my army. Also I had chosen Chaos as i liked the warp story and the gods blessings upon the squads, it felt like that was something that as a gamer and a writer was a good parallel to my style. When i finally got around to reading the codex after my defeat i found out my match would have played out completely different, my main HQ had killed numerous people and for each kill he would have been given a blessing for the rest of the match. I had calculated he would have had five chances on 2d6 to be given an eternal warrior or he could have received more wounds which would have changed my strategy completely during the last 2 turns.

All in all i feel as though even though i lost, my knowledge of the game is better and my anticipation for the next match will be all the more sweeter.

PS. When someone says a match is 5 turns, always anticipate there is a rule that could prolong it.....

4 comments:

  1. Hello Dreese!
    Sounded like it was a bit of a rough game on all sides, I'm sure the next one will go more smoothly.

    One thing to keep in mind: a Chaos Champion (Champion of Chaos) only gets that roll on the table if he kills an enemy Character (a Sergeant, Squad Leader, or enemy HQ, marked in their Codex or the Core book with a "ch" in their "unit type" column), not for every kill he makes.
    I once lost an entire squad of Swooping Hawks (ten of them, at the time 22 pts/model, for a 220 point total loss) because they blew up a Predator in assault. It was tragic. Sure won't do that again!

    Sounds like you learned a lot though, so I'm looking forward to the next game!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah now i understand, that makes much more sense.... I will say one thing the default ability from the Chaos Sorcerer (Flames of something) devastated almost an entire squad of imperials, each time one died they exploded and hit more people..... It was pretty epic.

      Delete
  2. Flames of Tzeentch maybe? Absolutely wonderful against those squishy Guardsmen. Even Veteran Guardsmen still don't take much to bring down, it's just that there are so darn many of them...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can tell you from personal experience that the ability sucks and you shouldn't take it again. XD

    ReplyDelete