Thursday, October 10, 2013

Upcoming Battle: Blood Angels vs. Imperial Guard - What I am taking






So I am taking the same thing as i did against the CSM. I haven't had the money or opportunity to get more guard for my army though in truth it looks like I am only 2 Cadian Command Squad boxes and an Aegis box away from having the 500 point army I would like to start with. Instead of that I have the following.

Company Command Squad w/ Flamer and Missile Launcher. Chimera w/ Hull Heavy Flamer, Turret Heavy Bolter, Pintle Heavy Stubber, and a Hunter-Killer Missile.

2x Veteran Squad w/ Flamer and Autocannon

Exterminator Leman Russ MBT w/ Hull Lascannon and Sponson Heavy Bolters.


I don't really have much to say about this list since I believe i ranted about it earlier in the week. The only thing I can do to make sure I have a chance of using these guys effectively is to remember my orders and to remember that the Exterminator is a Heavy Vehicle. I realized sometime yesterday that it was indeed heavy and is considered stationary for firing even if it moved. This little bit of info makes it a much better weapon platform and I completely forgot about it in the last game.

So what I need to do is, keep out of charge range, remember and use my orders every turn, use my Exterminator as a heavy vehicle, make sure that I block what i need to block with the chimera and pray that I can take some objectives by at least turn 4.

Yeah, sure I can do that

No comments:

Post a Comment