Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Upcoming Battle: Chaos Space Marines vs. Imperial Guard - Army list






So I have the list and first up are the Chaos Space Marines

HQ1 - Sorcerer w/ the Mark of Tzeentch, Veteran of the Long War and Aura of Dark Glory

E1 - 5x Chosen w/ the Mark of Tzeentch, Veteran of the Long War, 1x Power Weapon, and 1x Power Fist

E2 - Hellbrute w/ Heavy Flamer

T1 - 10x Cultist w/ Autoguns and 1x Heavy Stubber. Champion w/ Shotgun

T2 - 10x Cultist w/ 1x Flamer


As most of us may have noticed this is the Chaos portion of the Dark Vengeance box set. I sold this to Dreese to get him started and it was all I could do to make a usable list out of it. Now a couple changes were made to my original list such as the Marks but the rest of it is completely my fault so go ahead and blame me. There really wasn't a whole lot I could have done differently with the list except normal Marines instead of the Chosen in order to give him a 3rd Scoring Unit. Though if he can get the big guys out in front or even push for the Imperial Guard line he may be able to distract me long enough to steal the Relic and walk away with a win. Then there is always my poor army list.


Next up Imperial Guard!


 I am going to get this out in the open from the beginning, this list is what I currently have for Imperial Guard and not what I want to take. Now that I have said that we can look at what I believe maybe how Dreese beats me in the upcoming game.

 HQ 1 - Company Command Squad w/Flamer, Sniper, and Missile Launcher. Chimera w/ Heavy Bolter Turret, Hull Heavy Flamer, Hunter-Killer Missile, and Pintle Heavy Stubber.

T1 - Veteran Squad w/ Flamer and Autocannon

T2 - Veteran Squad w/ Flamer and Autocannon

HS - Leman Russ Exterminator w/ Hull Lascannon and Sponson Heavy Bolters


The wargear on the chimera was kind of forced on me since I ran out of stuff I could take. My hope is that I remember everything that I am going to need to remember with this army.


2 comments:

  1. Whoa, that's a lot of flamers on both sides - no one is going to want to get close with all that going on!
    Can't wait to see the report! And thank you for being so active on the blog. As a 40k blog junkie, I begin to express how good it is to have something new to read every day.

    Also, don't know if you've seen it, but there's a cool blog out there focused on IG tactics: (http://cadiascreed40k.blogspot.com/)

    Good luck to both sides!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had a good number when I started my Guard back at the end of 4e and at the tile I loved using flame to keep the monsters off my front line. This was reaffirmed when i used them as allies a couple games back and forced a 5 strong eldar jetbike unit that assaulted my Command Squad to route off the table. This was mostly due to 2 kills from the flamer in Overwatch.

      As for the Battle Report, I will most likely not be writing but a buddy of mind will. I like to try and get the report out on Sunday or Monday but I don't know his schedule so hopefully sometime in a similar time frame.

      I took a look at the IG blog and added it to what I am following just so i can remember to actually go and give it a read. Thanks for the link.

      Delete