Thursday, October 3, 2013

Imperial Guard - My List - 500 points


I for whatever reason decided that my primary army for 6e would be the Imperial Guard. Now I have played Dark Angels for most of 1e through 4e and the beginning of 5e at which point I put up my figs and went into 40k retirement. Now that I realized that retirement was a mistake, it is time to build a new army.

I have had a 20 man box of IG infantry from a long time ago (I believe when the Cadians were first introduced) as well as a Leman Russ MBT and a Leman Russ Exterminator. These were the beginnings of what was to be a Mechanized Infantry army, and hopefully will be at some point in the future. 

Here is my goal for 500 points

HQ1 - Company Command Squad w/ Plasma gun, Sniper, Missile Launcher and Master of Ordnance

T1 - Infantry Platoon
             Platoon Command Squad w/ Flamer, Sniper, Missile Launcher
             2x Infantry Squads w/ Flamer and Autocannon

T2 - Veteran Squad w/ 2x Flamers, Sniper, and Missile Launcher

Fort - Aegis Defense Line w/ Quad gun


The list is probably not the best I could have done but I have only ever played IG once before and if nothing else it should give me a nice base for 750 and 1000 point games. I have found that I don't really like snipers but I am not going to remove them for something else as of yet. This is mostly because I already own the snipers. It would also be nice to reduce the number of flamers this army is sitting on but since I have the flamers and no other special weapons at this time they are once again a choice of convenience. Of course I have the controversial Master of Ordnance, I took him specifically to intimidate my opponent. I understand that the chances of him hitting something is slim unless I get lucky but I only have to hit once for him to be worth the points.

If anyone has any suggestions or comments by all means I would like to hear them. Once again, I have only ever played IG once before and the above list will be heavily modified over time. I will state that I am not looking for a tournament list since I can find them all over the internet. I am looking for any assistance with a list that will make my IG well rounded and most importantly fun to play.



2 comments:

  1. My thought is that even though the flamers are not your preference, they proved useful when my bikes attacked you the last go round. I think without them or some other sort of front line group to engage during the assault phase, this prepares you well for any scenario. Its a good base to build from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't get me wrong, the few times I used flamers they have been great. I just think 5 may be a bit much. I would like to replace one of the flamers and the sniper in the veteran squad with something a bit more well rounded. Though the 2 flamers used in the group that will probably be sitting on an objective may be very handy.

      Delete